“America’s top social impact chef, providing the recipes for students to cook up their social impact careers organically every time.”
Mark McCurdy is a highly recognized leader in the nonprofit community and is well-prepared to motivate, educate, and energize your next meeting and all those who attend.
Mark McCurdy has made over 1000 presentations nationwide. No wonder he is considered one of the most requested keynote speakers on the topics of service, careers in nonprofits, and social impact!
Mark now runs his own business, The Nonprofit Career Coach, to help inspire, teach, and lead educators, students and their parents to maximize their “social impact” in the world.
Mark is the author of the book Strategic Volunteering: 50 Ingredients to transform your life and career. Plus 34 career tips to put your principles into practice
Mark McCurdy is available to speak for:
- Lectures (Any Time Of Year)
- Career Day / Internship programs
- Service Day / Volunteer awareness programs
- Orientation, Welcome Week, and Back-to-School Programs
- Student Leadership Gatherings
- Housing and Residence Life Events
- Alcohol / Drug Awareness programs
- Student Conferences
- Back-to-School Programs
- Student Government Events
- National Honor Society programs
- Commencements / Graduations
- Summer Programs (including camps)
- Any other function where an “outside” speaker for students is feasible
We would love the opportunity to speak with you about your next speaking engagement! Please call us at 617-204-5750 or email us here to check availability.
Finding your social impact compass after college!
“How to land a dream job for social impact”
60 minutes or 90 minutes, or 2 hours
(Mark’s Most Requested Talk — Great for Anytime of Year)
In this powerful presentation, Mark gives students unique “social impact” strategies for getting hired. Mark says, “Universities were built to lay the foundation for knowledge, this presentation is designed to get you hired with organizations that have a purpose! It will not waste your time. The strategies in this presentation have one objective: TO GET YOU HIRED TODAY!”
- Three secret strategies to help you find your dream job for social impact
- What nonprofit employers really care about and look for in candidates
- Unique tactics to package, sell and market yourself
- Social impact resume writing that will get nonprofits and social entrepreneur organizations to call you
- How strategic internships and volunteering will help get you hired
- How to write a cover letter that will make a lasting impact
- Expand your network and get others to help find jobs for you
The secret ingredients to a winning cover letter and resume revealed!
Did you know a professional written resume and cover letter will increase your call backs an average of over 65%?
- Have your students sent out 10-20 resumes with no response?
- Are your students having trouble getting an interview or selling themselves during a nonprofit interview?
- Do they know how to measure their efforts? Are they getting the results you want?
The purpose of this workshop is to accelerate career growth for students who want to be social impact leaders and leverage their volunteer or pro-bono experience for a nonprofit job. The last 15min of the workshop will be for facilitating new strategies learned for effective networking in the social impact space.
Key Ingredients included in workshop:
1) Four secret ingredients for building your nonprofit job search
2) Breaking down the strategic nonprofit resume ingredient by ingredient
3) What are the right stories to tell on your cover letter for impact
4) In depth look at what are the “hot and spicy” sectors for 2010-2011
5) Get help creating your personal “mission statement” to help with networking on and off line
Volunteer to accelerate your career!
Career focused talk for 60 or 90 minutes
How mission-focused volunteer work will positively transform your world and career. Learn from a one-of-a-kind framework or recipe how to cook up a career for social impact.
- Three secret ingredients to help you find your dream job for social impact (social impact compass)
- Why and how to leverage your volunteer or pro-bono experience into a job reality
- Hear the “secret recipe” of how people just like YOU are living their dream job for social impact
- Social impact resume writing overview that will get nonprofits and social entrepreneur organizations to call you
- How strategic internships and volunteering will help expand your network and get you hired
Student leadership powered by passion and purpose!
Inspirational keynote for 60 or 90 minutes
(Ideal for conference opening or closing session)
In this inspiring keynote, Mark McCurdy’s natural storytelling ability will lead your audience through several heart-felt stories while delivering an uplifting message sure to touch your student’s minds and hearts.
Mark mixes inspirational stories with humor and an educational message to uplift audiences so they can experience a rewarding personal and professional life of giving back.
In this dynamic keynote, Mark motivates students with his three principles for creating a successful future:
- Volunteer strategically, provocatively and consistently
- Make the lives of others better through your passions while creating a fulfilling career for yourself
- Find a mentor, ask for help, and pursue the vision that is most important to you
Mark says: “Find your passion, live your purpose, and focus on your dream and never quit when faced with obstacles. You will get side-tracked with life now and again, but stay true to your passion and purpose and be guided back to your dreams. Always remember that your family, friends, mentors and community can help you get up when you get knocked down. At the end of your life money is nothing and relationships and memories are everything! Stay true to service and helping others and keep your loved ones close. With a little passion and a whole lot of love you can change the world.”
Success begins with positivity!
Inspirational keynote for 60 or 90 minutes
Get ready to laugh out loud, learn and be engaged like never before!
This passionate, humorous and high-energy talk is ideal for an opening or closing session as it is sure to Recharge and Reenergize your audience while reminding them of the true importance of positivity and how it really influences the success of an organization and an individual.
Whether you are dealing with prospects, donors, members, clients, employees, employers, family members, relationships or personal issues, Success starts with positivity!
Think it, plan it, and achieve your career dreams for social impact!
60 minutes or 90 minutes
(Keynote or workshops, great for career events)
In this inspiring breakout session, Mark shares unique strategies that help students organically plan and “cook up” a successful recipe for their future. He will guide them through the Impact6 framework for creating a step-by-step action plan for achieving a career they care about and they can make a difference in the world.
The major points covered in this session include:
- How to figure out which social impact careers interest you
- Success begins with positivity
- Key relationship secrets for effective networking
- Why passion and purpose need to be at the heart of your volunteer work
- Three keys for setting and achieving goals
- The major key for overcoming any obstacle life brings you
Motivational Keynote from 2010 CASE ASAP District I Student Conference
Testimonial from students at Babson College
Testimonial from Student at Lesley College
Testimonials from Students from Boston University
“Very energetic! Perfect way to pump-up us up after a long day at our student retreat on service. We danced, laughed and learned so much.”
Campus Activities Board President
“Mark McCurdy is a wonderful presenter! He keeps the audience captivated with his thoughtful and energetic training style. All of our alumni who attended the event were motivated to impact the nonprofit sector.
Colleen O’Mara Condon
Associate Director of Alumni Career Programs
UMass Amherst Alumni Association
To check speaking availability:
Click here to email: