It can be very challenging to try and uncover your purpose at any given time in your life. God knows I have struggled with uncovering mine at times. Please find 10 questions below that have helped many of my clients and me begin to bring to light our true purpose. Food for thought, the way I like to think about your purpose is that it will give you the fuel to feed your passion.
Please answer the following questions as best you can.
- Why do you want a career for purpose?
- What do you love to do at work?
- What are you doing when you feel most alive/beautiful?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What did you love to do when you were 13?
- What is always in the back of your mind?
- Was there a career (or part of the job) that your parents do/did that you loved? If so, what is/was it?
- What community/population do you love to serve/support?
- What problems do you love to solve?
- What would you like to stop doing?
Want more questions? Still a bit confused? Contact me here for 13 more questions to find your purpose.
To your impact!
Mark McCurdy, Chief Purpose Office